Monday, September 12, 2011

hCG Diet–Day 1-4

Well I’ve decided to blog about the diet I’m currently trying.  Basically it involves putting a bunch of liquid drops under your tongue 6 times a day and eating an extremely limited, extremely low calorie meal twice a day. 

Sounds awful right?  Well at least you get to gorge out your first two days on all of the fatty, sugary, high calorie food you can possibly eat.  Yummy

hCG Diet Info – This is a link to the diet, how and why it works, and information on Dr. Simeons who came up with this diet in the 1940’s.

The things that appealed to me about this diet are

1. I have had several friends try it with great success. 

2. I read the information and I really identified with some of the material about obesity.

3. I like the rigid eating structure.  I can easily prepare food for 2 weeks in advance.

4. My Chiropractor suggested this and he is really cool.

So here is my log of what has gone on so far

Day 1

Weight 219.6

I spent the entire day gorging on cookies, buffet food, desserts, real coke, and had several alcoholic drinks after dinner (no alcohol for 23 days!)

I felt sick I ate so much and this wasn’t nearly as fun as I thought it would be

Day 2

Didn’t weigh myself

I was at work on Mexican day.  Gorged on chips and mexican food.  I ate cake, and desserts all day and drank 3 44 oz huge sugary soda’s during the day

Day 3

Weight 225.6

First day of the real diet

No breakfast on this diet is really hard for me.  I have become quite addicted to my grapenuts every morning it seems

I prepared food for several weeks so I could just nuke something and have an instant meal without having to count on my motivation to cook.

I cooked chicken breasts in either chipotle or garlic/herb seasonings, super lean thin steaks, turkey burgers, tilapia with chipotle or garlic/herb seasonings, and spicy shrimp.

I ate a garlic chicken breast, apple, melba toast and handful of spinach for lunch and a chopped up turkey burger on spinach greens with tomatoes and a minced garlic balsamic vinegar dressing (that I made in 2 seconds).  I had a handful of strawberries later for dessert.

The food was really good and filling but I was quickly hungry afterwards.  I had to pass on birthday cake and icecream which was TOUGH  and I went to bed fairly early because I was hungry.

I am on Day 4 today and I woke up weighing 220.2 so I am at least close to being back to my starting weight.

I will try to keep the blog up to date so you guys can follow my progress as I learn whether or not I have what it takes to starve myself for 3 weeks yay!

No comments: