Monday, September 1, 2008

Porridge and a tasty treat!

I have new information on Porridge (From my previous post here). What I ate the other day was porridge but with a "swanky" twist. I have been instructed where to get the real thing and I will be smothering it in either jam or Nutella and reporting on my findings. I'm a bit let down that cashews aren't part of the authentic english breakfast.

I haven't mentioned it but I am working diligently to bring you a report on the fine ales and lagers that can be purchased here in the UK. I decided not to stick with just authentic british brews because I wanted to get a feel for what is available for those living in Europe/Asia. I have tried some Italian, English, Irish, Spanish and recently this Scottish brew from a brewery in Alloa. (Ok i didn't visit it I just picked this up at an Odd Bins (wineshop) in westminster.)
This beer is highly recommended. It's delicate flavor and rich hearty taste come from the 7 malts and 5 different variety of hops they use in this bad boy. It's not very strong so if your a Guiness or Grolsh elitist this may not be the brew for you. But if your looking for a refreshing red this is it.


Yummah

1 comment:

Farman29 said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Beer!