Friday, September 5, 2008

Porridge Revisted and Cooked on the Hob

By popular demand I have bought and prepared "old school" proper english porridge. Or at least a quick type that you can make from a packet (for the lazy tourist I suppose).



I decided against making this in the microwave. I wanted the authentic experience so I made it "On the Hob". I'm hoping this means on the stove in a pot. I didn't have my english to english dictionary so I wasn't 100% sure.



It seems a bit thicker than the porridge I at at the swanky restaurant in town. More oatmeal-like.



Yum, It was suggested I either add Nutella or Jam to flavor it. I probably added too much but too much of a good thing is still a good thing!



I decided I would let Ryan be the judge of which was the better mixture. Nutella or Jam. It didn't take him long, in fact he didn't even have to taste it.



We have a winner. Porridge seems to have an oatmeal texture (slightly ground up more) and tastes a bit like malt o meal or cream of wheat to me. Ryan gives it 4 chocolatey fingers out of a possible 5.

No comments: