Friday, September 5, 2008

Master of The Tube

I decided that I finally needed to try out the subway system here. It really is the fastest way to get most places. The traffic is horrible and the buses can take forever. The biggest problem is that 90% of the Tube stations here in Westminster aren't handicap accessible. And they are way down underneath the street. I decided I would just carry Ryan and his stroller and all of our stuff down the 4 flights of stairs to get down to the subway and give it a shot.

Here we are waiting on the Circle Line train. Ryan is pretty excited about the whole thing.



The train has arrived and everyone is getting on.


We were pretty cramped on the train. I was basically sitting on a ladies lap and Ryan's stroller
was parked on someone's toes.


He had a great time though, waving and blowing kisses at everyone on the train. We were sitting next to a lady from india, a couple and their family from spain and someone from a country I couldn't pick out the language. They were playing with Ryan and kept him pretty happy the entire trip.



Everything went smoothly and it was a great start to a very exciting adventure in a part of London we haven't seen. Stay tuned to find out more about our trip (Spoiler - We visited the spot where William Wallace died and a church that has been used for many popular movies).

2 comments:

Mom Kingsbury said...

Everything is so clean!

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

It really isn't as bad as you'd think it would be. I guess by charging 50p just to use the bathroom they can afford to keep the subways clean ;) I have a neat picture of the South Kensington tube station which leads to 3 wonderful museums that I will be putting up soon. It's actually outside and very rustic looking. Keep an eye out for it this week.