Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sanity Restored

Weather here is a mixture of cloudy and rainy with the occasional 30 minute sunshine teaser. I've never been very good at going long periods without sunshine and I'm really bad when I'm cooped up for long periods of time. Ryan seems to feel the same way.

We needed to get plugged in over here and meet some adults and other kids so we could do something when the weather wasn't cooperating. Luckily I've recently started talking with some of Jessi's coworkers' spouses and they knew of all kinds of things to do here when it's wet and nasty. One of the really nice things is playgroups. There are two of them within a 5 minute walk of here and one is literally at the church next door. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday Ryan and I can hang out with a bunch of kids and play with mountains of toys. This gets him all happy and tired and gives me a chance to interact with some adults. Jessi has been working like a crazy person and I usually don't see her till 7 o'clock or so, so talking to adults is a nice change.



I've only taken a few pictures so far. Most of the time I'm chasing the madman around trying to keep him from falling on his head but here we are in the park with Karen and her two kids Ben and Annie, and Marie and her daughters Sienna and Sydney. Note Big Ben in the background and the Houses of Parliament. How cool. Ryan decided he could climb up the stairs to the slide all by himself (daddy ran over and made sure he didn't fall) and he also was able to climb up the slide part almost all the way to the top. Once again he keeps forgetting he's my baby dang it!



Here are some pictures from one of the playgroup places. Ryan is loving it. We were only able to bring a suitcase with a few toys for him and he is soooo bored with them now. New toy madness has made him a happy child again.


Ryan and toys = bliss

Marie doing a bit of painting and Karen enjoying some tea

Ben, Sydney, and Sienna.

No comments: