Saturday, August 2, 2008

Where did he get those baby blues?

It's funny how divided people are on how much your child looks like you or your spouse. We get a ton of "Oh Rob he looks just like you!" and plenty of "Jessi he looks just like his mommy!" We've even gotten , "Wow he looks just like the UPS guy i saw driving down the street earlier" (Just Kidding!). The truth is he is the best of both of us. He has my nose and his mother's beautiful baby blue eyes. We have the same cheeks and he has his mothers perfect head shape (Thank you Jesus). He even has a few things that don't seem to belong to either of us. The cute little "squishy face" he makes is alien to this family and his mischevious grin that guarantees him a cookie every time... Well I guarantee I was never that clever as a child! Well whomever he takes after the most he is adorable and a good cuddling companion on Saturday mornings as you can see.

5 comments:

mtritterbusch said...

That's one of the (many) things I love about our kids: they get so many different pieces of us. Certainly Jordan, Isaac and Ammon all look different, but they are all so stinkin' good-looking (thank goodness for Kiera's influence!). I remember the days of only having Jordie to dote on. It was a wonderful time...now we just have different wonderful times.

Sam Ransom said...

He's one handsome baby. Sariah is already in love. ;).

Anonymous said...

That is about the cutest picture I've seen of Ryan and Jessi! Totally adorable.

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

Thanks man. I just love to see the two of them snuggling together. I like to sneak pictures of them sleeping together too hehe.

KittyKatKathryn said...

Ryan is so cute! I just love looking into his baby blue eyes.