Thursday, August 28, 2008

Raw stumps and big humps

Our poor american legs have been ground down to stumps. We are not used to all this walking! I don't think I've ever really felt fatigued walking except maybe when I did a 10k walk with my mom years ago. Last night we were wiped out. Besides the 2 hour walk I took in the morning (lost) and the walk to work for Jessi we managed to walk for hours last night.
We ate at a really cool Italian American restaurant where I drank a few Peroni's (italian beers) and we enjoyed pizza and a calzone.
We then took a fortuitous turn (lost) and ended up at St. James park and then as we wandered even farther (completely lost) we managed to find the statue of Queen Victoria and Buckingham palace right behind it.
All in all a very fun trip. After misusing the GPS on Jessi's UK work Iphone 3G (lucky girl) we managed to find our way to Big Ben and Jess with her wonderful navigation skills managed to guide us home at 10 o'clock at night. Fortunately through my innate knowledge of the Kung Fu we were able to thwart any late night muggings.
Oh and watch out for the Humps!

3 comments:

Farman29 said...

I am down with this!

Sam Ransom said...

At least you are finding such cool stuff when you get lost! And now you will be in awesome shape from all you walking. Or maybe it will just balance against all the tummy food. I don't think I've ever seen Ryan sleep so much! Is he feeling any better?

Unknown said...

In addition to minding the humps, don't forget to mind the gap! Oh, I miss London. =)