Monday, August 11, 2008

Sometimes it's ok to kiss and tell

Every stage of Ryan's life thus far has been so amazing. I have wanted to hold on to every precious second and I thought he couldn't possibly get any cooler than he was at that very second. When I held him in my arms on the day he was born, when he said "Daddy", when he laughed for the first time, when he walked up to me and signed the word "Eat" and "More" much to my suprise, when I sat him up to see what he'd do and he balanced himself for 5 minutes like he'd been doing it his entire life, when he wrote his first incredibly long run-on sentence.... OH wait that's me!

Hehe basically I'm always amazed at how exciting and new everything has been up to this point.

And then he learns how to give kisses.

I just realized that once again he has topped everything thus far.

Baby kisses are amazing. There is absolutely nothing like a big open mouth, crusty banana and cookie covered kiss. It's wet, it's disgusting, he has absolutely no control over his teeth or tongue yet you wouldn't change anything about it.

Ryan likes to blow kisses, give kisses to the cats and dogs and he always saves the best for his mom and dad.


2 comments:

mtritterbusch said...

Dude, I am so with you! Thank goodness for pictures! If I didn't have pictures to preserve a few of the endless moments that our kids present us...well, I guess I wouldn't know any better ;-)

Seriously, it is so fun/wonderful/amazing watching kids grow and learn and do...did I mention scary...yes, there are moments like that too...especially with boys!

Keep taking pictures (and make sure you back them up!).

James said...

dude, rob, that is just awesome! Cute pic, too!

Some day Ryan will learn to game, and that will top them all. I will shed a tear of happiness.

James

Ps- instead of saying "dadadadada" all the time, sariah has started saying "mamamama" !!!