Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fire this morning








I took a quick video and some pictures of a fire we had this morning at 7am.
Make this fire #11 in a row since the chili dog incident.

The fire was at 54th and Wayne and the smoke was seen from responding companies at 39th and Paseo. It was blowing fire out the siding on the front of the house and you could see the stairs on fire inside the house from the front windows.

Scary stuff. As we say here, "Angry Smoke means Angry Fire". We started an interior attack and then backed everyone out and used the aerial (ladder) truck to dump water into it from above. It started off as a 1 1/2 story bungalow and in the end all of the roof and second floor was completely gone.

3 comments:

Kiera said...

And that is why Fire Fighters are RockStars!

McAtee Family said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I now think that my lack of sleep due to a baby with bad dreams is nothing. I can not complain for I still have a roof over my head and have not lost all of my worldly possessions!

And I second the RitterB's...Firemen ROCK!!!

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

I have been fighting fires for 13 years and working in the inner city for 8 years of that. I can tell you honestly that raising children is a lot harder work than putting out fires.