Wednesday, October 12, 2011

5 Days later - The Aftermath of hCG

Well it has been a week since I stopped taking the hCG drops.  I guess the drops actually did have some hunger controlling properties after all because I have been MUCH hungrier the last few days.  My weight today was 200.4, so I have been able to keep the weight off even though I am eating close to 4X as many calories as before. 

I have been eating a lower carbohydrate diet every day and trying to eat healthier foods and smaller portions.  I went to the store and bought and cooked up steak, chicken, pork chops, and turkey burgers and bagged and froze them all so I have a nice stash of lunch/dinners that I can just heat up and eat with some veggies for meals.  This really makes the difference!  I have also taken some almonds and put them in small single serving size sandwich bags so I can have some snacks without losing control on how much I eat (I have a snacking problem!).

I am finding that I miss being on the hCG diet.  It was very structured and actually easier than being out in the wild having to make decisions on what and how much to eat.  I can definitely see myself doing the diet again in another 5 weeks (Dr Simeons suggests 6 weeks between cycles so you don't develop a tolerance to the hCG) to get down to my ideal body weight.  Ideal body weight for someone who is 5'11 and medium frame is 154-166 so I still have a ways to go to hit that.

Rob

No comments: