Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow

Ugh, I look outside and once again there is this white crap all over my yard. It doesn't look like it's going to be much of anything but it reminds me that lurking outside my climate controlled 73 degree utopia is coldness. Chilly to the bone, nasty windy, make your cheeks burn and turn red coldness.

I am so out!

Once again I wonder how I got stuck in this town that isn't a balmy 80 degrees in January. Right now I could be making decisions such as, "should i bike to work or roller skate?", "What brand of sunscreen should I buy this month?", "when does the shoe store open up I've worn out my Teva's". But alas I get to warm up cars and put on heavy coats and listen to my toddler say BRRRRRrrrrrr.



Well I hoped by looking up pictures of palm trees I could deceive myself into thinking it was warm and sunny outside but I failed miserably. I really need to buy some curtains for these windows.

It's sad that my son's limited baby vocabulary already includes the word " Snow".

It's sad that I left town during 2 months of our summertime.

It's sad that I missed my family and friends so much during that time that I'll probably never be able to move 20 hours away to the land of eternal sunshine and happiness.

Honestly I don't even mind hurricanes.

1 comment:

Mom Kingsbury said...

Sorry, but you CANNOT move MY grandbabies to where it is warm all year!