Saturday, January 3, 2009

The day has come

We've done it. We've admitted defeat. We fought the battle long and hard and just as it looked like we might pull through as victors we were crushed.

Our young adult lives are over forever. No more sporty Cougars, Mustangs, or Eclipses will grace our driveway. We are now Mini-Van owners.

I don't know if it was the reclining rear seats, the DVD player, or the tri-zone automatic temperature control and heated seats that did it. It could have been the 18 cup holders or the fold-down console between the driver and passenger seats that fits a large purse perfectly. It might have been the 5 star crash rating and side curtain airbags or even the remote controlled sliding doors and trunk. All at a touch of a button. Right there beckoning to be bought and driven and parked in the garage.

"Why us?" Jessi said on the way home. "I never expected that I'd own a mini-van some day. And I definitely never thought I'd be happy about it."

"What's that?" I said, too busy playing with the in-dash GPS navigation system to notice.

1 comment:

Sam Ransom said...

Awesome!! I can't wait to come and go for a spin in your new hot ride!