Monday, October 6, 2008

Kicked to the Curb

We had a first yesterday! It was a nasty, rainy, typical day in London and we were getting a bit stircrazy so we had decided to go on a visit to the local British Army Museum which we had heard had a nice soft-play area for kids. That is one of the wonderful things about the museums around here, so many of them have play areas so the kids can blow off some steam in between "boring" exhibits. We had a bit of a time getting to the museum but once we found it we had a great time and Ryan got to play for an hour in a really nice play area with toys and things to climb on and slides and such. The highlight of the trip for me was learning about the Revolutionary war from the side of the Redcoats. It turns out that Washington was extremely popular in the colonies and their were a lot of support for the colonials on this side of the atlantic.

So we do a little shopping in an area close by and we are headed back on the bus home when a guy in a wheelchair gets on the bus. We move out of the handicap area which is reserved for wheelchairs and strollers, and make room for the guy. When the bus driver notices we aren't in the handicap area anymore he gets out and tells me I need to fold up my overloaded stroller or get off the bus now.

We were dumped on the pavement in the middle of London where we had to sleep outside in the rain in a park with nothing to keep us warm but one pair of dry socks between the three of us.

Ok we were pretty close to our stop and we just walked home. But the point is they kicked us to the curb! And he wasn't nice about it. Get off and get another bus he yelled.

Soooo sometimes the family goes out of the friendly in this town I guess.

20 more days and we're home!

3 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Oh my goodness! How RUDE!!! I'm so glad the countdown has begun. We miss you guys like CRAZY!! I mean I'm really going crazy without you guys here. Right now 20 days seems like forever!

Farman29 said...

I try and do right by letting the handicap dude on and look what happens! Next time tell the handicap dude were full.....oh wait next time you trow the bus driver off the bus and steal it....oh wait. You did the right thing Romey!

Marie said...

My mouth just fell open! Holy cow!!! So much for doing the right thing. I guess you can rest in the knowledge that the other guy was thankful, I'm sure.

Take care and we'll see ya soon!