Wednesday, June 17, 2009

34 Pretty Darn Good Years

It's been 34 years since I popped onto the scene. I just thought I'd say thank you to everyone who put up with me, changed my diapers, befriended me even when I wasn't worthy of being called a friend, married me, who ended up with me for a daddy, who gave me a job on the fire department, and even a certain officer of the kansas city police department kind enough to let me go in hopes that he would "catch me doing something REALLY stupid down the road". Thank you.

I know I've been a pain in the arse, I haven't listened to your advice, I've blown opportunities and kindness's and dashed parental hopes a time or two. I've been selfish and neglected my family and I've even been rude and obnoxious to some people who were trying really hard to learn to live with me.

My eyes to the world have opened up a bit and even though I know I am still able to make a complete ass of my self at any moment, I hope that I am a better person, friend, relative, husband, and daddy than I have been in the past.

My birthday wish is that on my 35th birthday that I will look back on today and realize that I was still a nincompoop back in 2009 and that I have improved as a person even more in 2010. Who knows by the time I'm 99 I may have overcome all of my faults and through the grace of God and a 52 week long coma I may be able to go the entire year without doing anything stupid.

Who knows. It could happen.

Thank you for your prayers and your patience and know that I have always loved you all even if I didn't appreciate you or your kindness.

I love you all, God Bless

Rob

3 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Happy Birthday man!! You are WAY too hard on yourself! You rock!

Dave said...

While it's 19 min belated... happy birthday foolio. =)

James said...

You are the man. I don't know what you mean... because everybody likes you. :)

34? Have I known you that long? I met you when you were 29!