Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lan Party Madness

This past weekend was the first annual Lan Party at the Kingsbury's. For those of you who don't know, a Lan Party is a gathering of people + computers at someones house or in some cases place of business. We all hook up on a LAN (local area network) and play computer games with or against each other.

In our old house we had created an office space in the basement that I carefully wired and ran cabling so we could have a LAN there. Unfortunately I underestimated the actual space needed so my goal of throwing my own LAN party was thwarted.

Our new house however has a huge basement space and it turned out was wired perfectly for running lots of power sucking computers at one time.

The invites went out and we had 12 people show up. Not bad for a first test run. Besides some craziness with my pizza order everything went well. Jessi even brought in some suprise late night Krispy Kremes which were the hit of the party.

We killed each other all night long and the last of the hardcore stumbled out into the cold dark streets around 3am.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and a double thanks to the wives that made this all possible ;)

1 comment:

Sam Ransom said...

Hahaha! You're welcome. I think James was disappointed he didn't get to stay the night! I guess 3 just had to do!